FAQ - Asset Library

Nexoness

Platform manager
Staff member
Administrator
What are the rules for assets?
Rules regarding asset sharing are pretty simple:
  1. Only upload assets of which you have permission to upload them!
    If you do not own the asset only share a link to the original author's upload and credit them.

2. Keep it nice, this is not the place for any content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. (see Terms & Rules for more information)

3. Provide a preview of your asset, this is not mandatory, but we ask you to provide a preview of your asset in any way shape or form. This helps users to see the asset in action before downloading it.

Nexoness

Platform manager
Staff member
Administrator
Can I share an asset made by someone else?
Short answer, Yes... ...but if you do there are some rules.

1544790887349.png
First off make sure you credit the author and get his or her permission to share the asset.

Alternatively, you can use the option to upload the asset as external URL with a link to the authors' original asset.
1544790913478.png

If the author of an asset requests the asset to be removed, we will do so.

Nexoness

Platform manager
Staff member
Administrator
How can I sell my asset?
You can sell your asset by uploading it as an external purchase. You can select this during the upload process.

1544791064545.png

Enter the URL to your store, Patreon or any other page where you sell your asset and add the correct price. All purchases are handled externally by you or your third parties, CartographyAssets.com has nothing to do with this.

Nexoness

Platform manager
Staff member
Administrator
How can my asset get featured?
Featured assets are assets that the community and our staff team thinks are well made and deserve a special spot on the platform. To get featured your asset meet the following requirements:
  • The asset has to have a preview image or video.
  • Is created by you and you are the original creator.
  • You provide support regarding troubleshooting while it is featured.
  • The asset works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glasgowdessie

Latest profile posts

Gimmie Pig wrote on vevedere's profile.
You might let folks know it can be used underwater and even give them an example - not sure how many people read the reviews!
making items for use
enter line 2 here
EightBitz wrote on Toblakai23's profile.
Your T23 Banners pack, and your T23's Candles and Lanterns pack have the same Pack ID. This means that only one of them will show up in the list.
just made my first namebase, lol
ZeroGNexus wrote on ApprenticeOfAule's profile.
Hi, I was considering using some of your water paths for my maps, but I share them on Patreon and offer commissions so they'd be commercial. I was just wondering if you had a license for them or something along those lines?

Join the platform as a developer!

If you are developing software or maintaining a community related to map-making in any way then you are more than welcome to join our platform!

Learn More!
Partners
  • Legend Keeper
  • MapForge
  • Campaign Cartographer
  • Dungeon Builder
  • Other World Mapper