Taking your map to the next level!

Nexoness

Platform manager
Staff member
Administrator
So, you've created your amazing looking map using the program of your liking and symbols or icons you might even have found on CartographyAssets ...

... What's the next step?

Well, worldbuilding of course!

A map on its own is pretty cool already, it has a specific story behind it that is screaming to be told. I like to go a step further by adding the story to my map. There are a lot of options out there to help you add your story to your map.

Mapplic
24 USD jQuery version
34 USD Wordpress version
One-time payment

If you've got some experience with web development or have your own web server already, Mapplic (click) is a great option! It has a jQuery ($24) and Wordpress ($34) version available and is a great option if you already have your content out there on a website. It works with SVG, PNG and JPEG file formats of any size, has support for CSV input, different layers, markup, custom p

Legend Keeper
5 USD per month
Closed beta

Although currently in beta, Legend Keeper (click) is a great option if you don't want to worry about running your own website. It is still in development with a lot of new features in the pipeline. To get access to the (closed) beta you need to be a Patron which costs $5 per month (Wizard Tier). The final release will have both a free and paid version, what this will cost is not yet decided.

World Anvil
4 to 12 USD* per month
* Depending on the subscription plan

World Anvil (click) is pretty big already, and like Legend Keeper is still actively being developed. The site has both free and paid versions, with the paid version ranging from $4 to 12$ a month depending on the subscription plan.

Long story short, there are a lot of options to get your map to a new level! Why not take a look at our suggestions? How do you combine your map with your worldbuilding? Let us know!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glasgowdessie

Latest profile posts

Gimmie Pig wrote on vevedere's profile.
You might let folks know it can be used underwater and even give them an example - not sure how many people read the reviews!
making items for use
enter line 2 here
EightBitz wrote on Toblakai23's profile.
Your T23 Banners pack, and your T23's Candles and Lanterns pack have the same Pack ID. This means that only one of them will show up in the list.
just made my first namebase, lol
ZeroGNexus wrote on ApprenticeOfAule's profile.
Hi, I was considering using some of your water paths for my maps, but I share them on Patreon and offer commissions so they'd be commercial. I was just wondering if you had a license for them or something along those lines?

Join the platform as a developer!

If you are developing software or maintaining a community related to map-making in any way then you are more than welcome to join our platform!

Learn More!
Partners
  • Legend Keeper
  • MapForge
  • Campaign Cartographer
  • Dungeon Builder
  • Other World Mapper