T23's Not So Geometric Shapes

Toblakai23

Toblakai23 submitted a new asset:

T23's Not So Geometric Shapes - A redone version of my geometric shapes

It was pointed out to me by a helpful person on discord that the lines on my original shapes were too clean to mesh well with the original DD items. We talked a bit and then I remade all the items with squigly lines to better fit the original theme. Without better drawing tools it is hard to copy the original line styles, but I think I came close.
Read more about this asset...

tajiman

I love these. Very useful. 😀 Can you add a half circle and a half ellipse? Hard to design these from the other shapes you have provided.

tajiman

Also, I think I found a bug. All of the rectangles (but not the square) and the triangle do not allow changing the colors. The object stays red. I'm seeing this only in the "Not So Geometric Shapes", the "Geometric Shapes" seem to be fine.

Last edited:

Toblakai23

Ok, I will take a look at that when I come home from work. I thought they all worked before I uploaded, I want to have good functioning assets on here. Thanks for the heads up.

tajiman

Just coming back to this. Colors are working in rectangles and triangles. The ellipses are excellent. Because of it's simplicity and usefulness, I know I am going to use more than any other asset pack. One more feature would be to have multiple scales of each of the shapes so as to minimize the lines getting too thick when you scale up the objects up to 3 or 4. But that might hinder the beautiful simplicity of the asset pack? Something to think about. Maybe another pack called Taolakai23's Large Not So Geometric Shapes?

Toblakai23

Well, Scaling them up in psp is some work, at I will have to redo the lines, for the same reason. But I could make such a pack in a day or so. I would add it to this pack, perhaps a separate file for this download, just to keep the number of packs here limited. Was also thinking of putting my stuff in a megapack, for the same reason.

tajiman

Well, Scaling them up in psp is some work, at I will have to redo the lines, for the same reason. But I could make such a pack in a day or so. I would add it to this pack, perhaps a separate file for this download, just to keep the number of packs here limited. Was also thinking of putting my stuff in a megapack, for the same reason.

tajiman

Sounds good. Putting the large ones in a separate file/pack is also a good idea. I just downloaded the FA Bones pack, it has a lot of images and takes 5 minutes to load into DD. So smaller asset packs are definitely a good thing.

P.S. - Only do it if you have time and feel there is value. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glasgowdessie

Latest profile posts

Gimmie Pig wrote on vevedere's profile.
You might let folks know it can be used underwater and even give them an example - not sure how many people read the reviews!
making items for use
enter line 2 here
EightBitz wrote on Toblakai23's profile.
Your T23 Banners pack, and your T23's Candles and Lanterns pack have the same Pack ID. This means that only one of them will show up in the list.
just made my first namebase, lol
ZeroGNexus wrote on ApprenticeOfAule's profile.
Hi, I was considering using some of your water paths for my maps, but I share them on Patreon and offer commissions so they'd be commercial. I was just wondering if you had a license for them or something along those lines?

Join the platform as a developer!

If you are developing software or maintaining a community related to map-making in any way then you are more than welcome to join our platform!

Learn More!
Partners
  • Legend Keeper
  • MapForge
  • Campaign Cartographer
  • Dungeon Builder
  • Other World Mapper