Looking for a home

Heruca

MapForge - Developer
Patron
Software developer
Hi there. I'm the developer of a relatively-new map-making app (see my sig), and even though I have a website for the software, the thing I'm really missing is a forum for my users and a place for users to share mapping assets. I just don't have the know-how, time, or resources to set that up myself.

I stumbled across your Patreon today and joined almost immediately, because I completely agree that a central and platform-independent mapping asset repository is sorely needed.

For a time, I thought that rpgmapshare.com might be such a place, but that site seems to be stuck in limbo due to technical issues.

So my question is: Could this site provide the forum and asset-sharing repository that users of my software need? I understand that it's going to serve users of many apps (both dedicated mapping apps and general image editors like Photoshop/Gimp), but perhaps a subforum could be set up specifically for MapForge users?

Nexoness

Platform manager
Staff member
Administrator
More than happy to welcome you and your community and give it a home :).
I've sent you a message on Discord for the verification process.

Heruca

MapForge - Developer
Patron
Software developer
Excellent, thanks!

I will let my users know about this site (and your Patreon) soon.

I'll try to get acquainted with the file upload process, first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glasgowdessie

Latest profile posts

Gimmie Pig wrote on vevedere's profile.
You might let folks know it can be used underwater and even give them an example - not sure how many people read the reviews!
making items for use
enter line 2 here
EightBitz wrote on Toblakai23's profile.
Your T23 Banners pack, and your T23's Candles and Lanterns pack have the same Pack ID. This means that only one of them will show up in the list.
just made my first namebase, lol
ZeroGNexus wrote on ApprenticeOfAule's profile.
Hi, I was considering using some of your water paths for my maps, but I share them on Patreon and offer commissions so they'd be commercial. I was just wondering if you had a license for them or something along those lines?

Join the platform as a developer!

If you are developing software or maintaining a community related to map-making in any way then you are more than welcome to join our platform!

Learn More!
Partners
  • Legend Keeper
  • MapForge
  • Campaign Cartographer
  • Dungeon Builder
  • Other World Mapper